eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Tell me whats wrong with my google attributes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JefferysJunction

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:19 pm    Post subject: Tell me whats wrong with my google attributes Reply with quote

Google has disapproved over 200 of my attributes. I can not figure out why. I follow the requirements precisely.
Take a look at the link below. It is a vintage pottery vase that has no upc or mpn... Tell me what I am doing wrong.

https://yourimageshare.com/ib/7VdSgUItK4
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at your link and your attributes look fine for that item. It has a brand but no known mpn. You have added the brand and the identifier_exists false. Did you recently add either of these attributes? If yes, keep reading. If no and both of these attributes have been listed for a long time, you may need to contact eCRATER regarding this item.

I've already answered your questions regarding items being demoted in the Selling on eCRATER forum where you posted about Demoted Listings. I'm guessing you either didn't like my answer, or you are hoping for a better answer. Once an item is demoted and or disapproved by Google and you make the corrections, it can take weeks (4-6 or more) to be resolved by Google. If the vase was demoted, you made the change, another feed was submitted, and Google didn't pick up the change yet, they may have disapproved the item.

In general, if a seller does not want to find themselves with disapproved or demoted items in the Google feed, they have to stay on top of the changes with Google feed changes. When there are changes, it's usually (but not always) discussed here in the forum.

Folks (anyone reading this post), it's not like this is something new. Google Shopping has required some attributes for years. They require every item have a manufacture's product identifier. They require either the upc, isbn, brand & mpn, OR identifier_exists. Google Shopping assumes the manufacture's product identifier does exist unless your add the attribute identifier_exists with a value of false or no (Google accepts both). If you have the brand but there is no manufacturer's mpn or upc, then you can put the brand AND identifier_exists false.

When did this stuff start? Is it new? According to the Community, eCRATER added the attribute identifier_exists to the Google feed during the 2nd quarter of 2013. That is now more than 10 years ago. So why are my items being demoted or disapproved that have been listed for a long time? I don't know, maybe you just now got reviewed. Maybe Google is taking a closer look at some stores. Only Google knows and they are probably not telling.

Well, what if the product has the upc code of a large chain store instead of the Manufacture's upc. Well those upcs would fall within a certain range and that is listed in the instruction for Google Attributes on Google. If it is a store upc, you would need to enter identifier_exists because it is not a manufacture's upc.

All of the above information is dealing with Product Identifier attributes. Some categories also have additional required attributes, especially items that fall under clothing, accessories, jewelry, etc.

In the admin of our stores, when you are on an item listing and click on the Google Attributes tab, there is a ? to the right of Attribute Value. Clicking on the ? gives additional information. Section I deals with Product Identifiers as discussed above. Section II deals with other important attributes and Section III deals with Other attributes. Some of these attributes have been removed from the Google list and will be deleted from the Google feed. We have been told they May be used by other search engines or search bots.

The most current information regarding Google Attributes is available here:
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112?visit_id=638324594412863965-4126437181&rd=1#basic_product_data
It is important to understand two things,
1) only the attributes listed in the table available in our admin are available to us as eCRATER sellers.
2)Many of the attributes described are added to the feed based on info we provide when we list an item.

It's also worth mentioning that the attribute product_type is submitted based on the Global category & Global subcategory we select when we list an item. Those sub-categories are important. If we add product_type as an attribute with a value, it is ignored by eCRATER when they submit the feed. They only submit that attribute with info from Global Categories/subcategories.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sheila - your information is such a great help to the sellers! You are much appreciated!!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: