eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

First Order but no payment. Next step?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CathysQuiltsnEmbroidery

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: First Order but no payment. Next step? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new to eCrater and not sure what the processes are yet. I have an order from about 6 hours ago. The buyer marked PayPal as method of paying, but it is not marked as paid and I do not have the payment in my PayPal account.

What is the next step? Do I send an invoice? Wait for the buyer to pay?

Thanks for help to a newbie!

Catrina
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catrina - if it were me, I'd send a Paypal invoice, and just suggest exactly what you have shared....

My records indicate you've placed an order with us on eCrater - Order # xxxxx. We are sending an invoice to simplify your payment process. Please feel free to remit payment using this invoice.

If this purchase was made in error, please let us know so we can adjust our records accordingly. Thank you in advance!

- something like that. I've had a few do this, and they were 'testing' the item/cart/etc. and did not realize it went all the way thru.

Hope this helps -

Erin Very Happy
worldofdeals

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Catrina,

Out of my all 3 orders so far, two were non payments, just like yours. I second boys&toys. I think her wording for the invoice is quite good.

What the other helpful veterans here on eCrater told me when I inquired like you did (and I agree) about placing an order but no payment is: either they didn't realize it went through and they were just fiddling around; or they go to the payPal page, and they don't want to follow through b/c it is unfamiliar. It is due to the possibility of the 2nd one having happened that you want to send a brief courtesy invoice. (When I went to invoice the non-payers at paypal and entered their email address, paypal said "this person is not yet registered", on the next page, meaning they did not have paypal accounts - so this confirms the high likelihood of the second option being the reason why they did not pay). Anyway, I invoiced one through paypal (never paid though). Then someone on this forum had a great suggestion: when you find out (through entering their emails on paypal's request money form and before you click the send invoice) that they don't have a paypal account (PayPal will tell you), send them a Google Checkout Invoice instead. It is free, and your customer won't care anyway since they are not paypal people.

All the best to you, but as Big said once, just send the invoice and if they don't pay, just move on (neither of mine paid, I don't think they will). But give it a quick try Smile
yourdesignersedge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: What to do... no payment yet Reply with quote

Hi,

I "sold" a Bolt of 15 Yards of Fabric on June 6th. Buyer marked Personal Check for payment. I emailed to acknowledge the purchase and asked that they please notify me when the check was mailed. No payment received after 10 days so I emailed again and then called that evening. Wife stated that her husband purchased the Fabric for her and was supposed to have already mailed payment, that she would check with him and mail a check out right away if he hadn't already. Still nothing so far but we are on opposite coasts so I'm allowing more time than usual for the USPS. I'm debating on what the next step should be if check isn't at the Post Office today.

I sell exclusive Waterford Fabric. It's not available any where else, not even through Waterford. People don't buy my Fabric unless they have the pattern. In all honesty, I've never had someone NOT pay so far... Is there any recourse for non-payment on ecrater? Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
tchxtremescooters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some people don't have a paypal account and want to pay with a credit card. They do not need an a PP account to use a card. When they get to the eC "select payment page" all they see is a choice for paypal not knowing that they can use their card through paypal (if the seller has a premier account). I now place on my listings that if they wish to use a CC and do not have a PP account, to select PP at check-out and continue to the PP page to select their card and options... Tom Very Happy
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: What to do... no payment yet Reply with quote

yourdesignersedge wrote:
Is there any recourse for non-payment on ecrater? Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

There isn't any recourse. Chances are they've changed their mind and just don't care to admit it.

It's been three weeks. At some point (wherever you decide) I think I'd just sent a nice cancelation notice.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had two sales last week - one paid with Google and the other said she sent a check. It has been almost a week. Will give her a few days and then email her again regarding payment. At least if they don't pay you haven't lost fees. That's a great positive for me.

Joyce

http://periwinkles.ecrater.com
http://musicalnotes.ecrater.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: