eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Items were never posted
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moviefoyer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Items were never posted Reply with quote

I sent a spreadsheet to XXX last saturday night (five days ago). Items were never posted, and I never got any type of acknowledgement.

ANyone know where I can write to inquire about this?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the bulk listing is done manually and since ecrater.com has grown so big it no longer takes just the 72 hours as it says. You just need to be patient. You can contact them at the same email you sent it too - however the more emails the more things that have to be dealt with.
moviefoyer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: using bulkloader Reply with quote

hello again, well it's almost one week since I sent in my first spreadsheet (in six months) to ecrater. The items are not posted on my site; I sent them two emails for which I have not received response. The INFO sheet says that spreadsheets are processed within 72 hours.

If the 72 hour timeframe has changed, the information should change on the INFO sheet; I realize that ECRATER is becoming popular and for good reason; they have a wonderful service here. However, I also feel that not responding to emails is not a good way to promote good customer service.

Any ideas on what can be done here? How long has it taken other spreadsheets to be posted?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing can be done, really. They'll get it done as soon as they can, I'm sure. I know it's annoying.
moviefoyer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello again:

Well, I emailed them again and I'm afraid the response I got was not nice at all. It is now two weeks since I sent them the first spreadsheet. I would, quite frankly, be willing to PAY a few dollars to the folks at ecrater and have my spreadsheet uploaded in a timely manner with a little bit of friendlier service.

I feel it is important to say here, the response I got from ecrater regarding my last email to them. WHen I wrote and asked if they got my spreadsheet (because it had now ten days since I sent it off to them and that I had not heard from them at all), I got a response email which said (and this is an exact quote), "If you are not happy with eCRATER you can close your store. We do not guarantee a time frame your bulk files will be processed in. All questions "when will be my bulk file uploaded" are being ignored as stated in the bulk lister description. Sincerely, eCRATER Support"

As I've stated in earlier posts to this board, I think Ecater is offering a great service. However, I did not insult anyone in my emails or on this BB; I was not nasty in my emails or on this BB; I just wanted to ensure that my spreadsheet was received and wanted to know when it might be posted. The response I got from ECRATER SUPPORT was, quite frankly, just not nice.

anyone have similar experiences? what to do? Just wait i guess.
AliciaMae

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or maybe just start listing your items yourself from now on, the site IS free after all

not that that's any excuse for them to be rude to you...
once-is-not-enough

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliciaMae wrote:
or maybe just start listing your items yourself from now on, the site IS free after all

I was going to suggest the same thing. Wink
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved about 1500 items manually when I came here. I sympathize with moviefoyer as it is a tedious horrid job that has you seeing cut and paste in your sleep and much of that sleep time is in front of your computer. It is so boring you start to wonder if your brain has died or just fled the territory.

I didn't have an option but for anyone who can have it automated, it is worth the wait. I do think with all the stuff that can go wrong with computer transmissions, an automated acknowledgement of receipt is not too much to expect and is probably worth it considering the growth of the site and the anticipated number of people taking advantage of the service.

By the way did anyone read that Meg Whitman is selling 40mil$ of eBay stock by February. What was her profit margin? $32million?
moviefoyer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i DOn't think that manually listing my items is the answer here. I received a rude response from eCrater's customer service. We are now going on three weeks since I sent in the original spreadsheet and I have not gotten any type of response from them as to when my spreadsheet would be uploaded. Quite frankly, I don't see any reason why the folks at eCrater can't send out an email (it could even be a form-letter style) stating, "We have received your latest spreadsheet for upload. Unfortunately, we are very backed up at the moment and it might take as long as xxx to upload your sheet. We appreciate your cooperation and patience". This would at least give us some type of idea as to what is happening and how long it might be before the items are uploaded. I've said this before.... I wouldn't even mind paying eCrater a few dollars a month for their service.

Another thing to keep in mind is that one day, Ecrater might decide they want to change a small bit of money to store owners. When/If that happens, do we want to be subject to the rude responses from their customer service? this is a HORRIBLE way for them to conduct business, free or not.
once-is-not-enough

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never gotten anything but friendly and polite responses from any email I've sent to eCrater. I don't think yours is the norm here. Smile

Lynn
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
why the folks at eCrater

What folkS??
eCrater.com is a one man team. With 15,000+ working stores I can't imaging how many emails are received. Obviously eCrater.com is NOT his source of income and he has a family. So that's sort of the deal he does what he can when he can. EMERGENCIES always get immediate attention. IF he says it should be loaded around such in such day and it's not you would be screaming - just like you are now as you thought it would be uploaded within 72 hours.
Personally, I think he can't keep up with the request any more. There was a time years ago that bulk uploads were done within 72 hours but the other demands and issues are a much larger volume now.

If you don't like the time it takes you have the option of doing it yourself manually. Other then that, you either just wait or move on.
moviefoyer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I am not screaming but I did get a rude response. A one man team doesn't mean that I should be treated with discourtesy. What is wrong with, instead of sending me a nasty email, saying quite plainly, "Mr. XXX. I run eCrater all by myself. I will get to your upload as soon as I can; it might take three or four weeks, or possibly longer, due to the heavy workload. Thank you for your understanding and patience". Isn't that nicer and better than a rude response or no response at all? ALso, Can someone show me where, in the ecrater rules, it says that all questions regarding uploads will be ignored?
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally have had my emails answered promptly and with courtesy. I'm sure he didn't mean to get rude but is probably very busy right now.

Joyce

http://periwinkles.ecrater.com
http://oldtimevalues.ecrater.com
http://musicalnotes.ecrater.com
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moviefoyer - I have no clue how many times you have asked or how often you want your uploads done or anything else.

It could be that he just said it the simpliest way in the English laugage that he could think to say it. Some times things just don't come across how they are meant.

I don't see how he can possible be expected to answer ever single email he gets. There's got to be thousands of them a day from both buyers and sellers and manufactures that are screaming that someone is using a copyright pic or text.

sorry movie - I don't know what to say!
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Good Customer Service at ecrater Reply with quote

I have to agree with the majority. I have found customer service here to be excellent. For a service that I receive FREE of charge I feel I should not complain if things are not exactly as I wish.

Big Thank You to ecrater. Keep up the good work Smile
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: