eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Any high volume CRAFT sellers out there?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ymbd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Any high volume CRAFT sellers out there? Reply with quote

Whether it be supplies or handmade items?

I've been selling for about 2 months now on Etsy and I've had exceptional success. But like I said in my intro post in the "Introduction" forum, I've never been one to put all my eggs into one basket, so that's why I've also just set up a shop here.

I'm wondering if it's possible to do a high volume of sales on ecrater, and thought the best way to find that out is ask if anyone else is? I know all about taking the time to market, and promote (trust me I do so much of that already, and that should be a given if anyone wants to be successful) but I just don't know all that much about ecrater, and the traffic/sales stats etc.

So I'd love to hear the scoop and how well YOU do here!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ones success or failure on ecrater.com is totally in the store owners hands. The store owner needs to promote their store and bring in their own customers.
ymbd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with that. That's why I said: "I know all about taking the time to market, and promote (trust me I do so much of that already, and that should be a given if anyone wants to be successful)"

But I was just wondering who has been very successful here and doing a high volume of sales. And I was also interested if there was any stats information in regards to items sold, and ecrater traffic, ect.
ymbd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying. I see now.
AliciaMae

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ymbd!! I'm also an Etsian with many baskets Smile

The traffic here is nothing like it is on Etsy, but there is such a large range of products that handmade kind of has a niche for some customers. I have yet to sell anything handmade though I had one sale of something else. I also don't promote this store as much. It's less maintenance than Etsy is which is nice for a second shop.

I haven't seen any "success stories" yet for the handmade items, but I wish you luck Smile
ymbd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply! I've seen you around on Etsy! It's nice to know I'm not the only one spreading out my eggs Wink
AliciaMae

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol well another free online shop you should checkout too is REMOVED- no space, ecrater doesn't like that site and *** it out

yep...many eggs, many baskets Wink lol

edited by mod --- hhhmmm You know you can't type it so you try to out smart it? hhhmmmm not a good thing to do.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not handmade stuff - but you want success stories - read the postings of my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine
AliciaMae

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

edited by mod --- hhhmmm You know you can't type it so you try to out smart it? hhhmmmm not a good thing to do.

no i just thought it was a weird glitch...didn't realize this site was biased

sheesh

why is it a crime to mention it anyway?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ymbd wrote:
Thanks for replying. I see now.

It's a funny thing. All over the e-commerce world -- including big mall-type venues -- everyone says promote, promote, promote. But when we say it here at eCrater we really mean it. And we mean it because, even though eCrater looks like one of those big mall-type venues, it really isn't (and isn't self-promoted as such). It really is just like opening up your own standalone store.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliciaMae wrote:

Assuming we're talking about the site I think we're talking about I think it's just a matter of principle. They're competing businesses.
AliciaMae

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
AliciaMae wrote:

Assuming we're talking about the site I think we're talking about I think it's just a matter of principle. They're competing businesses.

Well I'm used to being able to talk to my fellow crafters and other business people openly about business...if a venue is better than it wouldn't matter if another one is mentioned, customers will still stay with the better one

My apologies for hijacking the thread ymbd Confused
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is just a matter of courtesy. so often, a person will join one site, just to promote their store at another site...in fact, my first experience with ecrater was trying to buy something listed at a store here, only to have the seller tell me I had to go to Etsy to buy it...
A lot of sites forbid it completely-Bidville for instance, would bleep out the big place's name, for just the reason I mentioned above.
As for crafts selling, if they're good, they're going to sell as well at one place as at another-as long as you give both sites the same promotion time and space.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the ONLY place you are not allowed to talk about. Goes back to soemthing that took place on the ecrater.com site shortly after it started about the same time the other place started.

Sorry, it just can't be done. Talk about any other place but that one and their isn't a problem.

You want the story, pm me.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things I sell are deco'd ceiling fans.... & I have been getting AWESOME orders here. Wayyyy more than the "e" place. Actually... non have sold there for a while & several a week here.
I need to add more designs... just have not had time. Like EVERYTHING else... "after the holidays" Smile
Anyway..... promotion is the key.... leave your sig everywhere! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: