eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Something strange to share, what happened to me last night
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackbirdfabricsplus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Something strange to share, what happened to me last night Reply with quote

Ok don't laugh when you read this but I have to get some opinions of what it may have been!

First we had rain wind and freezing rain...

I headed off to bed last night, but decided I'd take the laptop with me and work on accounting stuff. I had the TV going and watching the news at the same time.

I'm working away then all the sudden the light beside me starts going on off on off, the same amount of time in-between each time it goes off. We have those touch lamps and sometimes they just come on for no reason at all. So I reached over and shut the light off. It came back on again and off then on then off. So I grabbed the flashlight thinking the hydros going to go off, by the time I sat back up the other light on the other side of me starts going on then off then on then off.

Then I take a look at our digital clock radio and darn it if it's not doing the same thing! LOL

So I sat there thinking what the "H" is going on here the lights were flashing like I was back in some disco in the 80's! LOL.... The TV was fine it wasn't turning off and on, the computer wasn't turning off and on neither!

Then I thought maybe I better just shut the computer down it may happen to it to. So I click on "start" then over to shut down and on my way over to shut down the lights just stop shutting themselves off and on, the clock readout stopped doing it too.

Help me understand what all this is?? Would the wireless connection send out any sort of low level blips or anything like that??

I call the computer store and the guy there said hydro wouldn't do that!

Wendy

Shocked
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
quiltlover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is weird, but severe headcolds will do strange things. I think your vibes were all off kilter and affected your surroundings. Either that or some extra terrestial being hovered over your house.

Strange to say the least, I think the lesson is don't take your laptop to bed, make a cat, dog or ......
ChisumTrailMercantile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I don't know either - wonder if it was some type of power surge some how? Or an over loaded circuit? It wasn't my "relatives" tho - I know because I checked lol - (oh I lived in Roswell - just thought I should clarify that for you) - Very Happy Dawn
quiltlover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawn lol....that is cute
aspencounty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a case of gremlin infestation. If them little critters get in they sure can mess with stuff. I had a bad case of sock gremlins ( Grimlinus Hidum Sockus) for a while. I could put two pair of socks in the dryer and later only one would come out. Sneaky little creatures!

Good news is you can catch them. Best way I found is by putting out nine pitted prunes in a circle and wait for them to come out to eat. Since these are unique creatures you nique up on them very, very quietly!

blackbirdfabricsplus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLOL ROFLMSAO LOL

I can't type I'm laughing so hard! LOL !
ChisumTrailMercantile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a hoot - I'm gonna write down that recipe since I have the same problem at my house - Very Happy
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a spaceship landed on your roof. Or else Santa was late coming to your house.

I have had a real bad Grimlin infestation. So I really hope that isn't your problem. If it is ask BigTall for the url to his sock store. Maybe he'll give us all discounts. I did buy prunes yesterday but I'm short 2.

Is the pic what the Grimlins look like? I've never seen one since they seem to hide deep in the holes in my dryer between heists.
blackbirdfabricsplus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Oh Jeez this is turning out so funny everytime I see that Grimlins picture I start laughing my sorry butt off like crazy! LOL

So I'm assuming this has never happened to anybody before? LOL
SewSouthernDesigns

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This place is always good for a laugh! Laughing

I am a little on the slow side today. (lack of sleep) Is that a real picture and if it is..............WHAT is that thing! Confused
blackbirdfabricsplus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey SewSouthernDesigns,

YES! That's what it is a Grimlin, they hide in prunes and dryer sheets and old socks! BOOO!! Shocked
SewSouthernDesigns

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That is just toooo funny!

BTW...rhythmic light pulses? Hmmmmmmm. Sounds like a UFO to me!

Have any lapses in memory???????? Laughing
blackbirdfabricsplus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the heck it was but it happened! LOL

This is what a guy sent me who is a real nerd of electricity and radio waves etc....

Touch lamps use your body to induce currents into the lamp. Meaning if you used a stick of wood the lamp would not react..kinda like the old elevator buttons..if you had an artificial hand the lamp or elevator would work.
Hope I am making sense. There could be some anomalies on your hydro lines. I cant imagine enough currents in the air to cause this. The reference for this induction is the 60 cycle frequency from hydro that is flying through the air your body connects this to the lamp. Your wireless frequency is 2.5 GHz or 2.5 billion cycles...your lamp uses 60 cycles..bottom line I have no definitive answer.

I'm singing the theme to XFiles right now! LOL
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the gremlin theory is easier for me to understand!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasTreasures wrote:
the gremlin theory is easier for me to understand!

Yeah and he's ugly enough to make the lights blink. What is that thing though really. Doesn't look computer generated.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: