eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Pictures not showing correctly in listings?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockandrolloutlet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Pictures not showing correctly in listings? Reply with quote

When I look at my listings, the photos I uploaded are seemingly squeezed into a narrow rectangular band in my listings.

Anyone have an idea why this might be happening?

They were uploaded using a Kodak DX3900 digital camera and are in JPG format according to the cameras log.

Tom
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try resizing them before uploading --- I'm just guessing here. I never seen anything like that before.

Do they look ok on your pc before you upload them??
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just weird. I've taken pictures that turned out that way, but never had a good picture turn into that.
Just a suggestion-you might want to take the ad for Bidville out of your titles and descriptions.
rockandrolloutlet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTMC,
Thanks, i'll give that a try and see what happens....the pictures look fine until after i click the "submit" button, then the results are distorted.....very weird....

Texas, I hear you....I only put the BV info IN because nobody can see my pics here....but they can on BV...where my pictures show up nicely and with no problems...
aspencounty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may try as BT suggested and try resizing your images. Looking at a few of them they are sized at W300xH12....(notice the height is only 12px). It should be more like 300X300. Also do you have the images on your computer and upload them directly to ecrater?
rockandrolloutlet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspencounty wrote:
You may try as BT suggested and try resizing your images. Looking at a few of them they are sized at W300xH12....(notice the height is only 12px). It should be more like 300X300. Also do you have the images on your computer and upload them directly to ecrater?

no, the pics are on my camera, and i've been using the on-screen picture upload tool that's on the ecrater listing page.

if there was a way to just put the pic info address from my photohost, i'd be doing that.

not being able to use any html at all is also hampering things, imo.....

btw, where do you see the height and width? i don't see that info anywhere......
aspencounty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockandrolloutlet wrote:
aspencounty wrote:

no, the pics are on my camera, and i've been using the on-screen picture upload tool that's on the ecrater listing page.

if there was a way to just put the pic info address from my photohost, i'd be doing that.

not being able to use any html at all is also hampering things, imo.....

btw, where do you see the height and width? i don't see that info anywhere......

I don't know if this will help or not but I think you should upload the pictures to your computer first. Then upload them directly to ecrater when your making your listing. No need to host them any where...in fact I don't think that will work.

I'm using Fire Fox browser but I think you can do the same with IE. Place your cursor on the image and right click. Look for "properties" in the window and click. This will open a window displaying the images properties where you can see the "size"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: