eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I just want to clarify the rules on stock photos.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pleasuretotheeyes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: I just want to clarify the rules on stock photos. Reply with quote

I just read on an eBay board that stock photos are not allowed here. Is this true? A large portion of my body jewelry items are very tiny and hard to photo. Oy!

I can understand the rule as it applies to other things...and it looks like I have a whole lot of work to do if it applies to me. I'm terrible at photos! Wink

Is it okay to use your photo and then have a second photo that is a stock photo? Otherwise people won't see very well what they're buying with just my photo! Razz
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
pleasuretotheeyes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Great news to hear...I do have permission to use their photos! How do I go about supplying that info to eCrater? Or do I just wait for them to ask for it...with instructions on how to supply it?

Thanks to all SO much for being very helpful and patient with all of the Bay 'refugees'!
pleasuretotheeyes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DJ! I put the store on hold as soon as I saw the thread saying it was a no-no! I don't want to get into trouble my second day here!

I'll do as you suggest!
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to clarify some confusion. Yes, you can use stock photos for your items on eCRATER. However, please make sure you do not infringe someone's copyright.

If we are notified by the image owner that you are using a photo without a permissions your account may be deactivated until you address the issue.

Please also note that merchants who uploaded their own photos may achieve higher ranking for their products in the respective global categories and eCRATER searches.
pleasuretotheeyes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did immediately shoot off an e-mail (just to be absolutely sure) about being able to use my stock photos and I haven't heard anything yet. It's been a few days and I'm just wondering if the post by eCrater on this thread would suffice as permission to use them or should I continue to wait? I have my store on hold in the meantime.

Thanks everyone!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you meet the requirements of being legally allowed to use them. And only if you can provide proof if it's asked of you.
pleasuretotheeyes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I didn't want to e-mail again. I figure they're (he's?) probably being bombarded with questions/e-mails right now with all of the newcomers!
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL REPLY!

ecrater wrote:
Just want to clarify some confusion. Yes, you can use stock photos for your items on eCRATER. However, please make sure you do not infringe someone's copyright.

If we are notified by the image owner that you are using a photo without a permissions your account may be deactivated until you address the issue.

Please also note that merchants who uploaded their own photos may achieve higher ranking for their products in the respective global categories and eCRATER searches.
mousersbooksandcollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Drop Shipping and Stock Photos Reply with quote

I belong to Doba.com drop shippers and according to them I have rights to use stock photos belonging to the suppliers in my listings. That is all the proof I have. Is this going to be an issue?

I too, just opened my store (ebay escapee) and am learning the ropes here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: