eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Another Feebay refugee..trying to figure this all out :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChocolateBubbleGumBoutique

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Another Feebay refugee..trying to figure this all out :) Reply with quote

Hi everyone. II am new here! have my store set up, however there is nothing in it yet Smile I have lots of work to do. I just had to get out of ebay, so I will be closing my store there gradually as I move stuff over here. I just couldnt deal with all these ridiculous changes. I am sure I will have lots of questions of all of you experts! I am excited to sell here. This looks like a great community!

Thank you!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thenostalgicnugget

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Very Happy

There is a wealth of information here. Plan on doing a lot of reading and playing with your settings to learn things. Just remember,you are shifting your energy into other focuses, work smarter, not harder...it will take time, knew learning and a lot of work.....but you have a great opportunity here...if you have any questions...don't hesitate to ask. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.. I am feeling quite overwhelmed right now, this is so different, but I am feeling very excited also! Thank you!
Peacefulreadings

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ChocolateBubblegum!
Very cute and original name.
I am an ex ebayer as well..I am also fairly new and really confused,...lol..
But so happy ot have you here..let us know when your store is full I am a seller but do LOVE to shop! Very Happy
Best of everything to you!
Christine
thenostalgicnugget

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChocolateBubbleGumBoutique wrote:
Thank you.. I am feeling quite overwhelmed right now, this is so different, but I am feeling very excited also! Thank you!

We are all feeling it, believe me..you will be ok.

Again, you are just shifting your efforts. But I can tell you, after being on ebay for 9 years...and unfortunately the better half still deals with ebay a little..I get so stressed when dealing with ebay..but everywhere else is so wonderful.

I don't expect sales for awhile..but all new ventures take time...you have people who feel your pain. Very Happy
retrojunkie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All: Don't worry about being overwhelmed. Once you learn the system, eCRATER is so much easier to use than eBay you'll be able to list twice as much in half the time. Which will give you plenty of time to go out and promote your new store. Now all I have to do is take my own advice...
shiftincomics

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Just take your time setting up your store and make sure everything is set up right. I try and concentrate on figuring out a few things here and there until that joyous day when it is complete. I'm another feebay refugee so this is all new to me too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the encouragement. It is greatly appreciated! I look foward to getting things rolling! Smile
I guess we're all in this together.
vintagealley

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

Hope you make a great new home here!

We LOVE it here.

Good luck to you!

www.vintagealley.ecrater.com

www.keaneprints.ecrater.com
desertgraceboutiqueplus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! You will like it here. It is sooo easy to list. Grace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you...I am hoping to get some things listed soon. We are in the middle of a move, and my hubby was recently in an accident where he suffered brain damage, so things are pretty crazy here!
lakeeriebeachglass

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too find things a bit overwhelming but am muddling through. I LOVE the layout here very much. Everyone has been so helpful and friendly.

I don't know if there is a way to switch from the admin part of your store to the main site or not with out opening a new browser yet. But, I'll figure it out sometime.

I welcome critique on my store. I'm still filling it.
Thanks so much!

www.lakeeriebeachglass.ecrater.com

And...I guess I don't know how to link my store either. (unless it showed up and I didn't realize it. Ha ha!)[/url]
retrojunkie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't know if there is a way to switch from the admin part of your store to the main site or not with out opening a new browser yet. But, I'll figure it out sometime

Just click Preview. Then, save it in your Favorites. Then, the next time you want to go there, just go to your bookmarks and click on it. It'll open in the same browser from then on. If I didn't understand the question, please feel free to clarify.

Quote:
And...I guess I don't know how to link my store either. (unless it showed up and I didn't realize it.)

Yep. If you type your store's address into the message box, it shows up as a link, like this:

http://retrojunkie.ecrater.com

The button at the bottom of the message that says www also links to the store of the person posting that message.
bonkersbeautybuys

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just signed up here and am very nervous cause I feel like an old dog trying to teach itself a new trick, but I spent four full days searching and locating auction sites and webstore set-up services. By the time I found you, I felt like my I.Q. had dropped to that of a UHF station. For those of you that are too young to remember TV before cable, the UHF channels only went uf to about 26. LOL!
Everyone here seems so nice. Most Ebay users were very nice before. Now Ebay is treating us so badly that there are only angry people on the Community pages. I am disabled & selling Cosmetics is my only income, but if I stay with Ebay much longer I'll be mentally ill as well. There is only so much negativity a person can take.
I hope I can figure things out hear, cause it sure is alot more pleasant.
desertgraceboutiqueplus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, read all the help files, it really helped me when I started. Grace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: